January 27, 2013 by Parveer Mann
As a blogger, it is difficult to know if the words and pictures you share serve a purpose or are lost in the vast web universe. How can you know with confidence that the posts you produce are helping further the discussion and discovery that you hope to inspire? In the simplest terms, you will know if your blog matters by establishing certain goals that can be evaluated throughout your blogging process.
I’d like to share some goals that A man and his racquet blog hopes to achieve:
- To provide opinions within the next few months that facilitate a meaningful conversation and interaction within the tennis blogosphere.
- To post detailed and thoughtful opinions at least 2 times a week.
- To start meaningful relationships with other readers, blogs and websites.
What does blogging success look like?
- An increased number of readers and comments on my blog.
- An increased interaction and number of followers from other similar bloggers.
- A better understanding of the blogging process.
I’ll occasionally check and see how I’m doing and as a tennis player might say the goal of any player is to be ready for the next shot. For the A man and his racquet blog, it will be always being ready with content for the next post.