October 28, 2013 by Gurveer Mann
On this edition of the Urban Tennis podcast, we look at the final tournament of the WTA season and the final ATP 1000 series event of the year:
- We now know that Serena has capped off an amazing 2013 with a win in this year’s WTA Championships. We look at what her chances were against the competition in this year’s tournament.
- We also cover base with the number two player in the world, Victoria Azarenka. Can we attribute her poor end of the year to mental fatigue or is that a tiresome excuse at this point?
- The final ATP Masters 1000 event of the year has begun in Paris. We talk about where last year’s breakout stars (David Ferrer and Jerzy Janowicz) stand one year removed. Plus a quick rundown of the draw for this year.
- After a “historic” matchup in Basel between Fed and “Baby Fed” (aka Grigor Dimitrov) we talk about the important issue of tennis nicknames. What does a player need to do to earn a nickname?
- Plus a game of volleys, the Social Media Highlight of the Week, a tribute to the TV show Bunheads and much more…
Note: You can download our most recent episodes of the podcast on our SoundClound page.